The Best Pizza Dough Recipe
This pizza dough has been the best so far in my quest for the perfect crust.
- 2 1/4 tsp. Dry Active Yeast
- 1/2 tsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Warm Water
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 3 1/3 cups All-Purpose Flour
Note: Dough will take an hour to rise. Preheat to 500F sometime afterwards depending on how long your oven takes to heat up.
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast and brown sugar in the warm water, let sit for 10 minutes.
- Stir the salt and oil into the solution. Mix in 2 1/2 cups of the flour.
- Mix in more flour if dough is still too sticky. Turn dough onto well-floured surface. Knead in more flour until dough is no longer sticky.
- Place in a bowl with the surface coated in oil. Cover with a cloth or plastic wrap. Let rise until doubled in size, about 1-1.5 hours.
- Fold down to form a tight ball. Let sit a minute before rolling out.
- If baking in a pan rather than on a stone, let sit another 15 minutes before topping and baking.
Written on February 14, 2018